Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Finding who I am... in my soul...

I  often volunteer for things... my long history with the city of Tucson, and Pima County, habitat, my  synagogue, Lizzy...well the list is really long.   I may not be able to throw money at projects near and dear to my heart and soul, but I have often given something money can't buy, my time and effort.   SO now the table has changed... it is unusual for someone to actually ask my opinion, although all that know me, know I am free with it. But now coming to me to find other unique characters and people with extraordinary abilities... brings me back full circle with my earliest life.  When as a child being with my dad as he worked the FREAK show at the midway at the Great State Fair of Texas... I often met unique people, Mary, Sealo, Dolly, Prince, and so many others... that taught me the best lesson of my life, and one I have always been able to hold on to... no matter what... we are all unique... and prized and valuable because of it.  Being a fortuneteller/street performer I join the ranks of those  that those of general persuasion look away from or ignore. Their loss by the way. I now in the past 3 years have again united with people like me... the unsuited, the loud, the outrageous. I am unique and I am proud of it.   You too are unique... maybe not as weird as me... but just a valuable. Look in the mirror and find the strength you need in your uniqueness ... it is not a weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment